We are full steam ahead into the Autumn months here at Temporis as the dark nights are looming ready for Halloween and Bonfire Night, also dare I say it…. Christmas! It’s been a great few months at Temporis and the market is particularly busy at the moment both on the Locum and Permanent front.
It’s a given that job hunting can be daunting, especially when searching on your own, but with the Temporis team here to assist you, it is one less worry for you to think about. We have noticed at the moment that a lot of our candidates are applying for several roles through us which is the best way to maximise your job search and hopefully securing your dream permanent or locum opportunity.
Once one of our consultants has spoken with you about the opportunities and they sound something of interest, we of course then send your CV to the client with your permission. What comes from this is CV feedback and most likely (fingers crossed), multiple interview invitations which is great news for you! You may have other applications currently in the pipeline, which is fine, however, some candidates see this as a worry factor. Candidates sometimes think about what if later into the process, they attend one interview and receive a job offer but still have another interview booked in to attend. We find them asking “Should I still go to my other interview? or “Should I cancel?”
Don’t let this worry you as we would always advise you to attend all interviews for these very reasons:
1. Practice Makes Perfect – if you have been in a role for a few years, interview techniques and your perceptions of an interview will probably have changed. If the role sounds of interest but maybe is a bit different to what you are used to this is the perfect way to practice yet see what the role is all about! So as cliché as it may sound, the more interviews you attend even if you aren’t successful, you’ve gained experience and can tailor what you would want to gain from your dream role.
2. Packages and Remuneration – you may be surprised by what the company has to offer such as their office environment, salary, holidays, working hours, pension scheme and other incentives including health care and gym membership or transport vouchers.
3. Team fit – until you meet the team and interviewers (most likely to be Partners), it is hard to judge what a good team fit is, and whether you feel comfortable in their presence. Team fit is such a big factor in many of our candidate’s search, you can never compare team fit until you have met them, even after researching the firm.
4. Options – it is best to have a few possibilities to ensure you can compare all opportunities to make the best decision for yourself and your career. Your perception of the firm could completely change once you have attended the interview.
5. Sticky Situations – even if you have accepted a job offer which is great news, there is the possibility of this falling through due to several reasons.
Temporis Legal Recruitment pride themselves on taking the time to have a chat with all candidates about the best options and possibilities on offer. We will always advise you where we can but at the end of the day it’s your decision to take yourself onto a new stage in your career. If you are ready to take your next step in your career, please give us a call for a confidential chat.