So over 10 months have passed since I started working with Temporis Legal Recruitment, and I can’t believe how quickly time has gone. Not one day is the same, and I love having strong relationships with our candidates, helping them with the next step in their career path. With the legal market becoming more buoyant we have seen an increased number of candidates wanting to register with us.
At Temporis we like to take the time to have a chat with our candidates to find out exact requirements of what a perfect role would be. We like to ask certain questions, but to name a few – the ideal role, rate, location and your ideals. From these questions, we tailor a search to find your ideal role taking all your requirements into consideration. Our recruitment consultants here at Temporis will spend time clearly explaining the role in further detail to make sure it sounds like it would be a perfect match. If at this point the role sounds familiar and your CV has been sent to the firm, please let the consultant know so your application isn’t duplicated. If you haven’t been sent over to the firm and the role sounds of interest then perfect… we will send your CV over! However, we know that some of our candidates like to consider certain factors, so we don’t mind if you need to take time to check the commute, for example.
I’d like to take the opportunity to give you a few top tips to make sure that your job application isn’t jeopardised:
1. Work with agencies that like to take time with you discussing the role in full detail, giving you as much information as you require into deciding
2. Make sure that you are happy with the sound of the role and that you do not feel pressurised by the agency into sending your CV over to the firm
3. If the role sounds of interest and something you would like to be represented for, please ask for the agency to send over a confirmation email to verify that you have been sent to that firm
4. Keep a track of where your CV has been sent to, with an email confirmation this will help enormously. However, I would also advise to jot them down which you can refer to easily in a list
5. If another agency gets in touch, your list will come in very handy. If the agency mention roles that sounds familiar, your notes will allow you to stop the agency sending your CV over to the firm again
Looking for a new role can be daunting as there are so many things to take into account; however, Temporis Legal Recruitment pride themselves on the relationships they build with candidates and are here to help you find your perfect role. If you are ready to take your next step in your career, please give us a call for a confidential chat.